1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My wife's car was stolen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, May 21, 2012.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

... Friday night/early Saturday.

We paid it off two months ago. Considered lowering the coverage, but decided the $60 in savings annually wasn't worth the trouble it would've caused.

2004 Chevy Trailblazer.

Friday night we ran out to get some dinner, pulled the 'Lil Monkey's car seat out of the Trailblazer to put it in my car. I didn't lock it back up. We're usually on top of that. Anyways ...

From what I understand, if it's not found within the first 72 hours, it's probably a lost cause. Got about 28 hours left.

What's the best advice you have for us?
  2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sadly, start shopping for cars.

I'm so sorry to hear this, BB. That sucks. To be fair, cars that are locked do get stolen. So don't blame yourself.
  3. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Sorry to hear, man. Hope it turns up for you.
  4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wasn't me. Beyond that, I'm little help. It sucks but insurance should cover most of it.
  5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

You strike me as the type to GTA a beat up Trailblazer. I'm on to you.
  6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I had a Honda Civic stolen about a decade ago, and it was recovered about 70 miles away, and two days later, when the cops arrested the kids who stole it. I wound up driving it for another eight years.

Keep receipts if they do arrest the person that stole it. The court will make them pay it as part of restitution.
  7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

That's good info, 93. I'm sure these assholes don't have a day job at Bank of America, but when they collect that welfare check or win the Mega Millions, I'll get some cash back.
  8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What's scary is the ad for a 2004 Trailblazer running on my copy of this page.
  9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

So it was Moddy!
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I put it on Craig's list.
  11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No, but if it was high schoolers, their parents might.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Active Member

They make millions getting change back from the welfare checks and turning it into Cadillacs and vodka. Millions!
Draft saved Draft deleted