1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My what big teeth you have ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cubbiebum, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

All the credit to her for understanding the dynamics of what is going on and not letting what others think affect her. As a parent, I finally learned what unconditional love is and how you sometimes cannot control appearances. I have tried to use that in how I view others.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be about Mr. Ed (John Elway) or Mrs. Ed (Rebecca Lobo).

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You know, no jokes. I have been on a bitchfest lately about things in my life. I read that story and thought, "What the hell do I have to complain about?" That is one amazing woman.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Good for you. I live by your mantra every day. My wife wonders aloud a great deal of how that got instilled in me. I don't know but I always say its free to be an optimist.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

What an amazing story. I so hope she's able to achieve her dream of having a family.

It's too bad about the title of this thread.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This. Totally classless.

Good on her. As an internally weak person, I always truly admire those who can take life's horrible fates and turn them into lessons.

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a bad title. On the other hand, that was what made me click on the thread and then the link to her story. Who knows if I would have seen either if it had been titled something else?

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I see uglier people at Walmart on a regular basis.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Wow. An amazing young woman who puts the vapid hordes to shame. Incredibly inspiring story.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Great story. And, yes, a terrible title. Perhaps this would be better:

'Hi, I'm Lizzie. Maybe you should stop staring and start learning'

12. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

I personally love the thread title but I've always been someone who will make jokes about anything because I would rather laugh than anything else.

Draft saved Draft deleted