1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My week of hell continues

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Aug 13, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

First I get stranded in Baltimore. Then Northwest loses my bags and acts like a bunch of douchbags about it. Now, my car won't start. I think it just needs a new batter, but I could be incredibly wrong.
  2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You, too? Sorry to hear it. Shit, everything's going to hell for everybody this week. And I include myself. Ugh.
  3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Had the starter replaced on my now-MIA van three weeks ago. If it doesn't start after a few minutes of charging, that could be it. For your sake, here's hoping it'll be the much cheaper battery.

If I lived closer, I'd swing by and let you kick me until one of us felt better.
  4. sportschick

I don't think I'd have the energy to kick you. I'd booze up with you though.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Well, the offer stands. I'm big, ugly and right now kind of numb and tired.

Maybe this is some sort of sign that we should be more reliant on public transportation. As though our jobs would let us do that.
  6. Damn, Chick. Early colonists traversed this country with greater ease than you.

Let us know when you run into Sioux nation or some wild bears. We'll come running - with muskets!
  7. sportschick

Buses don't run here after 11 p.m., and I can't afford taxis. I'll be riding my bike for the next few days, I guess.
  8. sportschick

I know. I should just get a horse, dammit!
  9. Meat and I will circle the wagons.
  10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Unless it's a money issue, it should be a same-day repair, even if it's the fucking alternator. I also had to replace the alternator on the stolen van this summer. All that money to make the thing start, just so someone else can start it. But I digress. Unless everyone in the garages are on vacation (and they seem to be underhanded in perpetuity), hopefully it won't be a long time biking it.
  11. sportschick

That's about all you can do now.
  12. Are you back home now?
Draft saved Draft deleted