1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Since I have no one to share it with. I shall wallow in my despair of loneliness. At least this cheered me up though:

[​IMG]

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Just think of the money, time and bullshit you saved today.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My office is closed today because of bad weather, so I did some work at home. It's after 6:00 pm and I haven't spoken to another person today. Happy Valentines Day indeed.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I suppose this is true. Least I have alcohol to keep me company.

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Boy, I've never thought of myself as cynical about romance, but that really was my dominant thought today on my first unattached Valentine's Day -- or one of the few -- in probably 30 years.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Find a girl that calls Valentine's Day "Wednesday." Then consider yourself lucky. I do. :)

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I'm not so much cynical about romance as I am about Valentine's Day. It's just a greeting card holiday and means nothing. If you want to take whoever out in January or buy them flowers in March, do it then, not just because the calendar says so.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I was shopping for a greeting card to give my wife and I saw one that was not appropriate, but funny. The front was designed to look like a magazine cover with all these goopy teasers to advice stories geared toward those people who are sickeningly, obsessively, borderline-stalkerlike in love. My favorite was, "Long-distance romance: How to not feel lonely when your sweetie goes to the bathroom."

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

*Tossing a Mountain Dew and a thoroughly guy-sort-of-blow-sh_t-up film to SFE*

Join the club. This too shall pass.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

All that matters is that one gets a girlfriend in time for true national holiday in march.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And good luck with THAT

12. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Can you make that a Dr. Pepper? And the blow sh*t up film would be just fine! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted