1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Trip To The Apple Store

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Sep 30, 2009.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

iPods are formatted for either PCs or Macs, so if you've formatted your iPod to work on a PC they'd need to use a PC to fix it (unless you want it reformatted, which you probably don't).

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

My iPod works on both my PC at home and my Mac at work.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was kidding about the Dell stuff and all that, but the ipods do work with PCs, though the geniuses are required to crinkle their noses in a sign of distaste when you tell them that you have your itunes on a PC.

4. Mitch E.

Mitch E. Member

Apple store? For a shuffle?

Try Amazon.com. Probably get it cheaper too.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Only a $4 difference - $59 at Apple store - $55 at Amazon - add shipping and its a wash .

Amazon hands down though for no hassle.

6. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

How much are the drinks at the genius bar?

7. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Member

I think it's in the same world as the Jerk Store.

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Do you sync it with both? They're supposed to be tied to one computer.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Its hard to beat the Kindle for Newspapers/ mags/ books.

I may never read the Times in hard copy again. Starting to convert my magazines subscriptions over.

Just bought Wilderness Warrior for my Kindle from Amazon .com - one click and within 5 seconds it shows up on Kindle - 960 pages $9.99

Factoring in price of hard cover / taxes / shipping - The savings from 10 Kindle Books will cover Kindle cost.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I lost my 30gig video at Denver International yesterday and I doubt I'll get it back. Thinking about getting the touch. How much of a 'must have' is it over a normal nano?

12. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

You can set it up to sync certain aspects on one computer, and others on the other computer. For instance, my iPod syncs mail, address book and calendars on my Mac at work, and all other content with my PC at home. Very handy.

Mad, the touch is a whole new world of awesomeness. Internet browser, oodles of games (many for free), ability to type and thus send email, make notes, add calendar items and addresses... though I doubt I would be as gaga over it if I didn't have regular access to wifi.

Edit: That said, wait until it's got a camera built in. The latest generation was supposed to but didn't. When it does, you'll be able to use the thing as a voice recorder, VOIP phone, take YouTube-quality video and basic photos - all very useful for work if you so choose.

Draft saved Draft deleted