1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Trip To The Apple Store

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You must look smart. I think they tell people they want to get rid of that bar is by appointment only.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know there are a lot of iPod and iPhone users on here, which applications have you found to be the best?

Just from a newslovers's standpoint, the apps for the NYT, USAT and Time Magazine are pretty cool and ESPN's scoreboard is nice as well.

I hate most video games, but they have versions of Frogger and Centipede out there that are just cool as shit.

I also have soundboards from Army of Darkness and Silence of the Lambs among others.

iWoopie is pretty great where you can download YouTube clips to your iPod.

Kindle is awesome as well. Dictionary is cool. Wikipedia as an app is great as well..

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Get Shazam, Mizzou. It'll blow your mind.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Did it cost extra to add the kindle? Is it comparable to an actual kindle?

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

My kid had a problem with her iPod. She took it into the Apple store, they fixed it in 5 minutes by reprogramming it somehow with the PC they had stashed in the back room.
    That's all I got.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I made an appointment for the genius bar when my comp first died, because I didn't want to wait if they were booked. I bought the comp there, and definitely had to walk to the counter in the back (past the genius bar) to have them "place the order" so someone in the back could bring it out to me. I browsed the backpacks hanging on the wall while I waited.

It was a weird, cultlike experience.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

They fix the IPods with a PC?

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Yep.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Windows is the only thing that works on them.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

There's not an Apple store near me, so I've only been in a few, and only twice with purpose. First was to try a MacBook keyboard before I ordered it online (with a big discount). Second time was with that MacBook. I had a trip to Raleigh for work and the mouse button was starting not to work. I made an appointment and took it in. They said it was an easy fix, they could have it back in a couple of days. I said, er, um, my flight leaves in about four hours. They changed out the keyboard in about 45 minutes and I haven't had lick of problem with it in about three years.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm. Seen at an Apple Store earlier today:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'What do you mean when you say you're creeped out by the Apple Store?'

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted