1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Town

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jul 11, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ordinarily my little burg is so quiet and slow, I've dubbed it Hooterville -- even tho our dumbass mayor like to compare it to another idyllic fictional TV burg...

In the last week, Hooterville has had:
    -- a murder, with a guy shot in his driveway and run over with what cops think was a drug deal gone bad.
    -- two sons of a mayoral candidate arrested for stealing jewelry in our subdivision -- something gloated over by the incumbent mayor, albeit in a backhanded way.
    -- A house was raided last Thursday for a suspected meth lab. Shit strewn all over the lawn afterward, house stripped of usuable anything... this morning, they raided it again, because two dumbasses were cooking meth behind the house in a truck. Said house is less than 300 yards from mine...

I love this town...

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Only in Hooterville.

3. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Growing up in a town of about 6,000, there always seemed to be as much of that kind of stuff going on as in the "big" city an hour away. If measured per capita, we probably had a higher crime rate.

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

Same case in my hometown.

5. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

It wasn't the same town, was it?

6. Dude, if it is the same town, get out now. Dargan's hometown has the worst and nastiest Wal-Mart known to man.

Draft saved Draft deleted