1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my top 15 for now...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Well, I've already worn people out with my "preseason polls are bad" sermons. ::)

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You're forgiven. But only because you referred to yourself in the third person (as everyone should on a Whitlock thread).

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Last I saw, Rutgers won, though.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Whitlock, are you sure Rutgers wouldn't be able to beat ANY of the teams you have ranked in front of the Knights? I mean, Auburn lost by 17 to Arkansas and now by 22 to Georgia, both at home.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Oz brings up what could be one of several interesting decisions for voters in all three polls. LSU and Auburn (at this moment) each have two losses. LSU lost on the road to teams that were in the top 6 at the time (at Auburn, at Florida). Auburn lost badly at home to teams that were, I think, unranked (Arkansas and Georgia) at the time. I know Georgia is unranked. I can't recall about Arkansas when it beat Auburn.

Auburn beat LSU 7-3 in a game with close calls and controversy. Who's ranked higher, Auburn or LSU? This is just one reason poll voting is tough, especially on a weekend in which teams in the SEC again show their ability to beat each other up.

Now, excuse me while I head to LSU, where the Tigers hope Alabama doesn't make it another big upset ...

Draft saved Draft deleted