1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my top 15 for now...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 9, 2006.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

There might not be a better bed shitting institution than Arizona State football.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

according to dooley, they're as good as anyone in the sec

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, sure some of the SEC teams should get 10 wins occasionally, when almost half the league sucks ass. And the Arizona State thing? I could say that means the Pac-10 is very tough to get 10 wins in, and you have no way to prove that's not the case.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

arizona state's big non-conferece slate... this year beat northern arizona, nevada and colorado. murderer's row

2005 -- 7-5, non-confernece beat temple (powerhouse), lost to lsu, beat northwestern

2004 -- the banner year. 9-3. beat utep, northwestern and iowa (very good win)

2003 -- 5-7. beat northern arizona and utah state. lost to iowa

2002 -- 8-6. lost to nebraska, but beat central florida, eastern washington and san diego state. how did they miss out on the bcs?

2001 -- 4-7. beat san diego state, san jose state and louisiana lafayette

2000 -- 6-6. beat san diego state, colorado state and utah state.

clearly one of the dominant programs in college football today

5. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

It's been said on this thread three times, but I'll take the latest one. ... This is what I've been saying for weeks.

I think this fucking douchebag's head would explode if his threads got ZERO replies.

So let's make a pact and see if we can make this happen, hmmm??

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you are so fucking intelligent. are you ever wrong?

oh yeah, hate to burst the bubble, oregon won the game.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not saying the SEC doesn't play anyone but ... the SEC has exactly one road win against a nonconference opponent from a BCS conference (Vanderbilt at Duke) while the Big East owns six such victories. Just saying.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, clearly showing you have nothing for my main contention by your usual cherry-picking/snark combination. Unrefuted by you:
    --About half the SEC consistently sucks ass, thus diminishing the stature of the haves.
    --There is no quantitative way to prove among conferences that are in play for the top recruits that one is truly better. So it's a shame that the SEC has this iconography going. It's pernicious, because a Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Florida, do not get punished for a loss the way West Virginia did and the way Louisville will. Pure lifetime achievement, based on what I don't know. Certainly not based on way more national titles than anyone else, for that would not be correct.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

WHere's Texas ranked now? Where are they gonna be ranked at the end of the season if they blow through the rest of their schedule and defeat whatever throwaway Big XII north team they play in the championship game?

And where's Notre Dame ranked? ANd where are they gonna jump up to should they beat USC?

In the meantime, Rutgers is gonna be punished because some people didnt have forefight in the pre season and they didnt crack the top 25 until the fifth week of the season. Yeah,that's a fair way to decide the national title.

10. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

John McCain was in a POW camp.

George W. Bush beat McCain in the primaries.

Thus, GW won the Vietnam War.

PS: Let's see how Rutgers does vs. Cincinnati compared with Ohio State, which crushed the Bearcats.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

So USC shouldn't be ahead of Arkansas right now?

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

As long as it keeps getting fed.

I've got no problemo with Whitlock's Top 25 (15) threads. They stimulate legitimate discussion - exactly as a columnist should.

Draft saved Draft deleted