1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my top 15 for now...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 9, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

How long will this troll feeding last?

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

True, but Auburn should be in that spot then. And I HATE Auburn.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Rutgers beat Illinois by 33; Ohio State beat Illinois by seven.

Rutgers beat Navy by 34; Notre Dame beat Navy by 24.

Personally, I would love to see Rutgers in the top 10 because, by now, I believe they've earned it.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This is a situation where statistics lie, when you're using comparative scores against outmatched opponents. That's not to say Rutgers shouldn't be ranked higher; it's just that comparative scores against Illinois and Navy aren't a good argument. That's just a matter of who sleep-walked more that weekend.

It's the same type of argument where you can show how Slippery Rock could beat Ohio State.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

How can you be so sure? The No. 3 team in the nation sure couldn't. If Rutgers beats your seasonlong No. 1, will that move the Knights up to ninth?

And Oregon did beat Oklahoma, which couldn't kick an easy field goal, you twit.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Three BIg East teams BEHIND a Notre Dame that let UNC hang 26 on 'em at home and barely scraped by UCLA AT HOME. C'mon Whitlock. This is almost as bad as when you demanded David Chase turn over The Sopranos to someone else.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

JWhit: The "the teams ahead of them would handle them" argument is not valid. The poll is the Top 25 teams in the nation as of Sunday, November 12. All of the teams ahead of Rutgers, with the exception of OSU and Michigan, have a worse record than the State University of New Jersey.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, they all have a worse record than Boise State too, HB...

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Wait a minute.

Whitlock, how the hell can you come out with your rankings for this week after seeing a mere two of those teams play this weekend? What if USC gets 52'd? Then what?

Christ, and we rip fans for being quick to judge.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Shot, there are conferences that win national titles as often if not more than the SEC. I think a poll that is so obviously under the influence of SEC Kool-aid merits scrutiny.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Huh? I missed something there.

12. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Apparently, Whitlock really liked being quoted in Russo's poll story last week.

Please quit feeding this troll both on the message boards and on the wire.

Draft saved Draft deleted