1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Stir Fry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Dec 19, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i like to add peanuts to my stir fry. you can chop 'em up or just sprinkle a few in. they don't really need stir-frying. just add them when it's done and mix 'em in.

2. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

ragu, every now and then substitute a couple tablespoons of hoisin sauce for the hot sauce. if you still need the heat, you can drop the hot sauce on or add hot mustard.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm not entirely sure why, but recently I have a passion for cilantro in dishes like this. Gives it a certain kick.

4. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

funny you say that shot, i am planning to make cilantro-crusted mahi-mahi for dinner tonight - you mix the cilantro in with panko and soy sauce then apply to fish.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hmm. I love cilantro. But in a stir fry? Nah. It goes with tomato, and tomato has no place anywhere near a stir fry. I can't do cilantro. Sorry shotty. But let me know if you ever try it.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, good point.

To piggyback on what leo said, I really like cashew halves in a stir fry. They get softer than peanuts, add a really good texture and taste.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think cilantro is the spice of the year. I barely knew it existed before this year. Now not only have I discovered I really like it but I can't escape it.

8. As long as it not Pesto!

[​IMG]

GEORGE: Why do I get pesto? Why do I think I'll like it? I keep trying to like it, like I have to like it.

JERRY: Who said you have to like it?

GEORGE: Everybody likes pesto. You walk into a restaurant, that's all you hear - pesto, pesto, pesto.

JERRY: I don't like pesto.

GEORGE: Where was pesto 10 years ago?

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I like pesto. Gnocchi in pesto cream sauce. Outta this world. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted