1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Small Wal-Mart Victory

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Agreed.

I fucking hate people who refuse to give basic customer service. I also hate people who are too dumb to do their jobs, so I have to suffer because of it.

I wish you would have left and gone to Target, though. If everyone does their part (ie. not shopping at Wal-Mart) then it helps.

2. Raisin Ham

Raisin Ham Member

Uh, we don't know each other that well.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I will munch on you like writing irish going down on some redneck divorcee after 11 black and tans.

And a couple days later, I will put you in a Cuisinart with some mayo and mustard and onions and garlic and pulse your ass until I have made a fine ham salad.

That might have really dicked up my metaphor, but I love ham salad.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Pete Incaviglia = diva.

5. Raisin Ham

Raisin Ham Member

Baste me baby, baste me!

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Damn, Zeke, wanna ship me some of that ham salad

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Good lord, someone dredged that thread up?

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

The bottom line is this: Why is ok to accept shitty customer service? Seriously, answer me that question. A woman, whose job it is to ring my items through and accept my payment, didn't. How is anyone ok with that?

If my sports editor said "Pete, cover that basketball tonight" and I said "no" I'd be reprimanded. And you're worried about and defending someone who simply refused to their job — during an uncertain economic "crisis."

If they had the adequate number of lanes open to efficiently serve the customers that are (and should be anticipated to be) in the store 23 days before Christmas; and if the woman whose job it is to ring my items through; I would have either patiently waited or simply paid at the jewelry counter and left happy.

And let's face it, Wal-Mart can afford to have every lane open if they wanted.

And yeah, I can be an asshole. I have no problem admitting that.

9. Raisin Ham

Raisin Ham Member

Hey buddy, I'm no buffet.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

This would be the only way to go to Walmart.

31 Ways To Have Fun At Wal-Mart
    1. Take shopping carts for the express purpose of filling them and stranding them at strategic locations.

2. Set all the alarm clocks to go off at ten minute intervals throughout the day.

3. Run up to an employee (preferably a male) while squeezing your legs together and practically yell at him "Where are your tampons?"

4. Try on bras over top of your clothes.

5. Make a trail of lemonade on the ground, leading to the restrooms.

6. While walking around the store, sing in your loudest voice possible "I smell sex and candy"

7. Walk up to an employee and tell him in an official tone, "I think we've got a Code 3 in housewares," and see what happens.

8. Tune all the radios to a polka station; then turn them all off and turn the volumes to "10."

9. Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift wrap.

10. Re-dress the mannequins as you see fit.

11. Test the fishing rods and see what you can "catch" from the other aisles.

12. Put M&M's on layaway.

13. Move "Caution: Wet Floor" signs to carpeted areas.

14. Set up a tent in the camping department; tell others you'll only invite them in if they bring pillows from Bed and Bath.

15. Contaminate the entire auto department by sampling all the spray air fresheners.

16. Nonchalantly "test" the brushes and combs in Cosmetics.

17. When someone asks if you need help, begin to cry and ask, "Why won't you people just leave me alone?"

18. Look right into the security camera, and use it as a mirror while you pick your nose.

19. Take up an entire aisle in Toys by setting up a full scale battlefield with G.I. Joes vs. the X-Men.

20. Ask other customers if they have any Grey Poupon.

21. While handling guns in the hunting department, suddenly ask the clerk if he knows where the anti depressants are.

22. Switch the men's and women's signs on the doors of the restrooms.

23. Dart around suspiciously while humming the theme from "Mission Impossible."

24. Set up a "Valet Parking" sign in front of the store.

25. In the auto department, practice your "Madonna" look with various funnels.

26. Hide in the clothing racks and when people browse through, say things like "pick me!! pick me!!" and scare them into believing that the clothes are talking to them.

27. When an announcement comes over the loudspeaker, assume the fetal position and scream, "No, no! It's those voices again!"

28. Go to an empty checkout stand and try to check people out.

29. Get boxes of condoms and randomly put them in peoples carts when they don't realize it.

30. Drag a lounge chair on display over to the magazines and relax. If the store has a food court, buy a soft drink; explain that you don't get out much, and ask if they can put a little umbrella in it.

31. Go into the dressing room and yell real loud "Hey, were out of toilet paper in here!"

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I have to admit I love the manager telling you OK, when you wanted to go somewhere else. When I worked in retail I always wanted to say that to someone. One question for you PI.

Did you have to wait in line for the hot chocolate?

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If your sports editor asked a copy editor to go cover a baseball game, it would be an apt comparison.

That woman wasn't working a check-out line. Can she ring you up? Yes. But if you didn't buy jewelry and were only going there to circumvent what everyone else was doing, then bitching when you couldn't...it makes you an asshole.

If I was working in shoes and someone brought me a power drill to ring up because THEIR stuff to do was more important than EVERYONE ELSE IN LINE, waiting to pay WHERE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO PAY, I'd have a really hard time not asking that asshole what makes him so special.

Draft saved Draft deleted