1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Search for a Hockey Buddy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Poodlequeen, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Habs' 93 title is as illegitimate as half of Wilt Chamberlain's kids.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Beware of guys who like to pull their goalie.

3. Songbird

Also, don't let him roam the crease, unless you like that sort of thing.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Be careful for that poke-check around the crease.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That would be why?

6. Flash

Flash Guest

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!! Mullet Man must be stopped!!!

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Uh ... yup.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

A little extra curve makes your shot harder ...

Stellar.

9. Songbird

I'll try not to make this sound too fanboy'ish. Being a diehard Kings fan growing up in L.A., I dreamed -- DREAMED -- of the day the Kings would play in the Stanley Cup after years and years of playoff failures, or, finishing 5th in the 5-team Smythe Division. Some awful years of woe at the Forum.

So here comes '93, and the Kings fucking make the Stanley Cup! On top of that, the Kings get to play the greatest franchise in the history of modern hockey, the Habs! To make a long explanation short, this Kings fan could've accepted a loss to the Habs because this really was a Cinderella story of the Kings making the final, going up against the New York Yankees of puckery.

What I couldn't accept is that the Habs, down a game at home, and about to fall behind 2-0, resort to asking the ref to look at McSorley's stick in the final minutes of regulation, which led to a power play, and the tying goal, then sudden-death -- and a Habs win to tie the series. From there the Habs romped. I still maintain that if the Kings go home up 2-0, they win the series. I lost a bit of respect for Montreal. You don't mind losing to the best, but jeezum, don't puss out like that. And yes, I know that asking refs to look for curved sticks in part of the game. Just never expected it from the mighty Habs.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I understand your frustration as I am a Canuck fanboy looser and still question the officiating from the 94 final.
    I wanted the Kings to win as well, but I wouldn't blame Montreal. The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of Mcsorley. Anybody who has played knows that towards the end of the third period you go back to using a legal stick. He should have known better. Is it cheap? I don't know, some people call it good coaching.
    If they go home up 2-0 I think they win as well and there is one less thing we have to listen to from smug Habs fans.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Watch out for clutching and grabbing in the neutral zone.

12. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

The Pens should have won in '93 anyway, fucking Islanders!

Draft saved Draft deleted