1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My quest for pervdom - I now have a myspace page

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Feb 28, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

At the insistence of someone I know, I now have a myspace page.
    I have absolutely no idea on how to do anything, but I have enjoyed the friend requests from the strippers or hookers and some guy named Tom.
    The best I could do so far is upload a photo. I still don't know how to e-mail or send messages and everyone else has these fancy backgrounds and slide shows.
    If anyone has any tips, pass them on.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Screw the fancy backgrounds. They're not worth it. But you can put Pac Man on your page and then you're never far from a time killer.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I have a tip: Delete that goddam page right now. Don't be one of those guys, Jay. I don't know you at all, but you have to better than that.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Tip: If you are looking for some action from a 34-year-old cop, start hitting on 14-year olds in the chat rooms.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Oh Clever, I wish I was better than that, but I'm not.
    It all goes back to my boss. He has this thing called LinkedIn, is a networking site for professionals, I think. And he had all of us sign up.
    The deal with LinkedIn, is that it will go through your outlook and send messages to anyone you have received or sent e-mail to.
    Since the LinkedIn invite went to her, she said I had to do a myspace page as payback or something stupid like that.
    So that's why I have a myspace page, that and my super-secret desire to meet Chris Hanson.

6. Clever username

I see. Well, you have fun with that. My goal is to be the last person under 30 without a myspace page.

7. da el g

da el g Member

I can relate, did the myspace thing when my college age daughter sent me the LinkedIn deal, btw everyone gets it from Tom - he started myspace (unfortunate word choice that will not be edited)

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I've got a very plain MySpace page, purely for the added video/picture sections of some musicians sites. I don't venture into the chatrooms, I make it clear in my profile that I'm married, I'm just there for the music and to possibly meet others with similar musical interests. In the month or two I've had the account I've received a friend invite from someone who hosts house concerts in my state and many invites from musicians I've never heard of (some turned out to be good, some not so good). Have as my friends are a bunch of muscians I'm a fan of and two Springsteen fans I've known for close to 10 years.

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I hope you don't appear on www.mydeathspace.com anytime soon

10. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm 35 with a MySpace page. I of course thought it was for teens, college students & pervs, then a friend convinced me to create one. When I did, color me AMAZED at all the people from various parts of my life who have MS pages ... old high school friends, old college friends, reconnected with my old college dormmate. Good times.
    and Jay, you can block the stripper requests. Somewhere in your account preferences. And it's not hard to message people or send friend requests.
    It's been interesting to reconnect with these old friends -- I've never "added" anyone as a "friend" that I don't/didn't know in real life.

11. Clever username

That's exactly why I don't have one.

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

You can put Pac Man on your page? Any Centipede?

Agreed, myspace is probably the best way to keep in touch within a circle of friends.

Draft saved Draft deleted