1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My publisher got fired on Monday

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Jun 5, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I hope finding copy editors is one of the upcoming changes.

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

I should post more on this thread, but I had better not. Word is I might be on some thin ice if the powers that be who are now running my POS CNHI shop confirm who I am.

Damn.

3. boots

boots New Member

Colton, you have been through enough. Take my advice. Don't tell anyone that you are posting. And try to get out of there as soon as possible.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

5. If you all think CNHI is the only company plotting to thin the news staff, jacking up co-pays and devising new ways to push morale even lower ... well ... you're incredibly myopic.

6. It is not that we think CNHI is the only machete-wielding, soul-crushing oppressor of workplace morale, it just happens that is the one we work for.
    Plus, the Heart of Darkness in Alabama counts on the fact that we don't know what is going on at other newspapers. This board is helping to connect and unify employees of an overspent and mismanaged chain that is now making the annoyed grunts tow the line for their gluttony.
    I think its important CNHI employees now that their paper isn't the only being squeezed like a Hooters girl on a Minnesota Vikings cruise.

7. Question, does any other chain currently have a policy that won't allow ANY newsroom employees to be hired, no matter how many people leave?

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

murcielago: point out ONE post where I said CNHI is the only company kicking its employees in the plums, then basically laughing in their face. Do so, and your next case of beer is on me.

I am simply speaking from personal experience, not speculating we are the only employees working for an employer in this industry whose situation sucks goat balls.

9. I once worked for a CNHI paper that, because of budget cutbacks, fired our plucky college intern in the middle of her tenure for the paper. Welcome to the business, honey.

10. lapdog

lapdog Member

Funny you should ask.

[​IMG]

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the thing that sucks the most about the layoffs, buyouts etc., is the messages it sends to employees that they are expendable and the only thing holding the companies back from turning a bigger profit.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that was clutch.

Draft saved Draft deleted