1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My publisher got fired on Monday

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Jun 5, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Doc - but they sell the same stuff you get elsewhere at a cheaper price. Newspapers are charging the same (if not more) for advertising/subscription for a product they are intentionally making worse and hoping no one notices.

2. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Bad, bad sign -- that ME better start getting his resume out ...

3. boots

boots New Member

I can't believe the great cheap CNHI is taking on THIS MUCH water. If they're getting hit, man, I'm afraid to think about other chains.

4. chazp

chazp Active Member

I hope you are not right, but I know you are.

5. chazp

chazp Active Member

Yes, our ME found out about it by a fax. I guess a phone call to him would have cost too much! Everyone in the office liked her and her work, and the ME had told someone at the regional office just a few weeks back, he'd like to bring her on fulltime as soon as the new fiscal year started. I don't know what to expect next. I'm hoping we'll be sold to another company.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

a while back, somebody here kept talking about a monstrous balloon payment CNHI had to make this summer.

anyone?

7. chazp

chazp Active Member

If that's true, that would explain a lot.

8. So what happened with this?

9. If you're talking about the Mid-South sale, it went here:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/42690/

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

With all these happenings, I see a Michael Moore documentary on the horizon, or one of us needs to put something together. I'd force everyone I know to go see it. Something like these "small" paper chains squeezing the blood from the company turnips.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Many bad things happen on Monday.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Rainy Days and Mondays ALWAYS get me down...

Draft saved Draft deleted