1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My perception of Barry Bonds

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Aug 8, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

... poor ambassador for the game, which he has automatically become now, whether he (or we) wants to be. He has always come off as surly, and while many people will come to his rescue here re: steroids, nobody seems to have any defense of him being a first-class asshole. He is undeserving of praise simply because he cannot bring himself to be humble to the people who make his job possible. He is exhibit A of how professional athletes have completely forgotten the fact that they're playing a game to entertain people. He will go down in history as one of the game's greatest players, but also as one of its least likeable characters. For that reason, he is unsuitable for the role of one of the game's greats, because he has never understood how unimportant he is. He of course is not alone in that, but at the moment, he is the most striking example of one of the things that is wrong with professional sports.

Also,

...hall of famer, until proven guilty. Like it or not.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

spot on, dog. teach those guys to get all sensitive and admit stuff around these parts. :D

3. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Step outside when you say that! I'll be out behind you as soon as I can find my cane.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

great post until you hit the return key.

5. boots

boots New Member

Look, this is about people's perception of Bonds. Please, if it's not about that, how about starting a random thoughts III thread or something like that? OK?.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Jesus, relax boots. You can't control the direction a thread takes. If people want to answer the question, they will.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

infuckingcredible.

9. boots

boots New Member

Let's try to keep the juvenile posts to a minimum. And no, I can't control the board but the assclownery can go elsewhere. Everyday it's the same people about the same time doing the same dumb shit, baiting arguments, talking people down.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Boots, there are now 7 Bonds related threads on Page 1 of Sports and News. There is another one on Anything Goes. There are 3 more on Journalism Topics. That's 11 active Bonds threads just on page 1 of each forum.

ENOUGH AL-FUCKING-READY!

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

So why, in God's name, with everything you've been involved in here, would you think that your word would have any effect on this? JUST FUCKING IGNORE IT!!! Can you do that? Because if not, you're just as bad as anyone else.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in all sincerity boots: this is exactly the type of spot where you get yourself into trouble time and again. please, please, stop telling people how to post.

that is all.

Draft saved Draft deleted