1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My parents do a lot of things behind the scenes."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mb, Dec 11, 2010.

1. mb

mb Active Member

God bless you for that, Cam Newton.

2. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

He said that? That's delicious.

3. CRR13

CRR13 Member

I guess he never took public relations in college.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

On his detour to Blinn College: "I can't look at it as if, 'Oh my God, I'm in Brenham, Texas. I'm thousands of miles away from my nearest family member.' You know, I'm just going to take this as a, you know, a business trip. It could be a blessing in disguise if I treat this like a professional."

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

Listened several times to the other quote. I think I've got it, although these sentences have some grammatical issues: "My parents do every-- uh, uh, a lot of things behind the scenes that goes, uh, unnoticed, and this is not (an) award that, in my opinion, is been won that, you know, my play this year. This is (an) award that's been won ever since, you know, I came out of your womb."

6. mb

mb Active Member

That was one step shy of the old SNL skit where OJ spelled out "I did it" on a telestrator.

7. CRR13

CRR13 Member

When his father told him that it was time to grow up, I think he meant that his father told him it was time to start earning paychecks.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Did like line during the sitdown with Chris Fowler where Cam said he was "taking his talents to Auburn."

9. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Who wrote his material, The Onion?

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Fittingly, ESPN is showing its 30 for 30 on SMU getting the death penalty following its Heisman presentation.

11. Listened several times to the other quote. I think I've got it, although these sentences have some grammatical issues: "My parents do every-- uh, uh, a lot of things behind the scenes that goes, uh, unnoticed, and this is not (an) award that, in my opinion, is been won that, you know, my play this year. This is (an) award that's been won ever since, you know, I came out of your womb."

JD ... the SEC will frown upon this.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/210/162/mike_slive_display_image.jpg?1272238053

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some . . . people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over HERE in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children".

Draft saved Draft deleted