1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Own Worst Enemy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Oct 13, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Much more disappointed to see "Lipstick Jungle" go.

2. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I gotta say I agree. Love the show, but not sure how they could do it for more than a season. But then again, i said the same thing about Prison Break.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't even know who you are anymore.

The cancellation of Enemy surprised me. NBC had to make a pretty good investment in this show, right? And they promoted the hell out of it. To see it axed so quickly is surprising.

Of course, I didn't see it beyond the first show thanks to MNF. I wonder if the show would have fared better if it premiered in the spring.

And I don't think this is going to make it 22 episodes. I thought I read NBC was only going to air the nine shows already in the can.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Epic fail on NBC's standpoint. They put it up against one of the top-viewed shows in the country (CSI: Miami) and then didn't give it a chance to build an audience.

I'm guessing it was expensive to produce because those are the shows that the networks have been quick to bail on in recent years.

I liked the show.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Didn't it do really well the first couple of weeks? Too bad it's going. Not the best thing on TV, but ambitious and certainly worth watching.

Thank goodness Biggest Loser: Families and that piece of shit Kath and Kim are still on, though. ::)

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I still haven't seen Kath and Kim, but a friend told me it might be the worst NBC comedy ever. I wonder if it can possibly be worse than Worst Week, but my hatred of Molly Shannon will prevent me from watching it.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Kath and Kim should be used during the interrogation of terrorist suspects.

8. jps

jps Active Member

but once they see what we've done with our sitcoms, they'll know they've won.

9. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

what happened with this show? i know it got cancelled, but they never aired the very last episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted