1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Own Worst Enemy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Oct 13, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Just watched this on Hulu. Interesting show. I'm thinking I might give it a shot, though I don't know how they can keep the concept from going stale.

A couple of good lines though.

"I'd tap that like a Mafia phoneline."

"There's a difference between driving someone's car and driving someone's wife."

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Encore showing Saturday at 9 p.m. Eastern, if anyone else missed it like I did.

3. schiezainc

Anyone still watching this? I've made it through three episodes now and I've got to say, this is a pretty solid show.

I don't know how much longer they can keep up with this premise, but this is a fun watch right now and that's a pleasant surprise.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Lit video? Not since 1998.

5. jps

jps Active Member

yeah, been catching it online. been pleasantly surprised.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I've watched all the episodes and it's not bad, but it's kind of annoying how "convenient" the changes from Edward to Henry (and vice versa) usually are.

7. jps

jps Active Member

kind of thinking that this is a set story arc, though, unless they switch it up somehow.

8. schiezainc

Definately. I'm starting to hate that everytime Edward is about to embark on a mission, Henry wakes up and that everytime Henry has something important going on with the family, Edward does. It's getting old. I'd like to see Henry stay Henry for a little while and vice versa. Edward is a bad mofo.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Me too. You forgot to mention gems like Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Young Guns II and Untamed Heart.

10. jps

jps Active Member

seems it's getting the ax -- or is it the axe? either way, looks like slater needs to find new work.

http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2008/11/breaking-my-own.html

11. schiezainc

Honestly, this is good news. The show can go out strong in a one-season arc. I'm thrilled.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

Draft saved Draft deleted