1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Jun 26, 2020.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

sgreenwell and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Hit from behind?

Might not be his fault. Still sucks, though.

3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

My brother bought a new Mustang circa 1990. It got wrecked while parked a few days later when a truck lost control and crunched a mustang against the wall.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Broke down after 20 minutes. Sounds about right for a Lambo.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Props on the thread title.

If the van driver carries liability coverage only and it’s the state minimum, there’s some major overage and the Lambo driver will likely have to take them to court.

And ALWAYS get gap insurance.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When the Dodge Viper first came out, a guy drove four hours to buy one from dad. He punched it leaving the dealership, got sideways and slid into a telephone pole.

To this day, dad wishes he had video of it.

garrow and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

OK, I'm the old who doesn't understand the thread title. Explanation, please.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There's no telling how many articles I've seen where someone picks up their brand new high dollar sports car and promptly prangs it because he's romping on a machine that he does not understand.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The best are the folks who buy four-wheel drive and then take it out in their first big snowstorm ...

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A few years ago drove past the high school, there was a BMW SUV in the woods. Some little brat/senior lost it in there, a gift from Dad.

Decades ago was out on a bike ride and came across a new Ford Fiesta on fire. Ford had made a big deal of the Fiesta being one of the first American made cars with globally sourced parts. Anyway, this Fiesta had just been driven off the dealer's lot and the engine caught fire. The cops were laughing about it.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Usually, that joke is reserved for Alfa-Romeo or Fiat in reference to Italian vehicles, the latter earning the acronym

Fix
    It
    Again
    Tony

Found
    On
    Road
    Doused

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Fully aware; that said, I'm on my fourth Eye-talyun car and I can honestly say I've had little problem with any of them...especially my current Alfa, knock wood. It's my favorite vehicle I've ever owned.

Draft saved Draft deleted