1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My offer on my first house just got accepted...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jun 6, 2011.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hope you got a sweet 15-year mortgage. Or better yet, 10 (although you need to be pretty anal about debt, like me, to want to pull that off).

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

As mentioned above get an independent inspector. The realtor/seller want to make the sale. Don't rely on someone they may recommend.

The neighbors can be entertainment. I have one who is nuts I have some fun with. Who was it who started a neighbor thread a while back? Webster?

The most important thing to remember is do not use duct tape on ductwork. Use foil tape. Congrats.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Side note: 450 fucking dollars a year for garbage pickup? Are you kidding me? Fuck you, Atlanta. Also, no monthly bill, just a big fucking fat lump sum due once a year.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Congratulations on your step to adulthood.

5. imjustagirl

Says the man with a wedgie avatar. :D

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Might I suggest a celebratory dinner at one of Atlanta's most transcendent fine dining establishments?

[​IMG]

7. imjustagirl

Hahahahah actually, I can't remember how, but I ended up back on the CNN Center tornado thread last night, and stumbled upon references to that place. It's apparently like a mile from where I live. :D

8. Mystery Meat II

If you only eat at one rib shack/Chinese takeout run by a 70-something 400-pound former wrestler in the greater Atlanta area, make it Abdullah's!

9. imjustagirl

Well it's a mile from where I WILL live. Not where I live now. Three Waffle Houses within a half-mile of where I live now. Abdullah's a mile from the new place. Toss-up?

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Congrats.

Shit, your new gig must be sweet because I remember the Altima vs. the Chevy thread.

11. Mystery Meat II

No contest. Waffle House will survive the rapture. Any modern-ish wrestler being alive past 70 is a minor miracle. But you'll have time to go to both. You're a homeowner now! You're not going anywhere for a while!

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Congrats, and enjoy. I hope you get what you think you're getting (in other words, I hope you hired the best home inspector on the planet).

Draft saved Draft deleted