1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Nice, New Layoff Story

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JD, Nov 19, 2008.

1. JD

JD Member

Ok....seems like everyone is turning this into something it isn't.......Partly my fault, I guess.

I was NOT let go due to my work performance. Assuming that is disrespectful. I was laid off due to budget cuts, as stated before. Others were let go in the printing and copy desk areas........I just found out that my SE saved my job for a few weeks, as they had originally wanted me out a month earlier. My SE is a good guy, and I understand that he legally could not say anything.

It was all budget-related.......and it sucks.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My apologies to your SE...

3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I'm not a child.
    My concern was the lying stuff. You seem moderately sensitive about this topic.
    You said nobody takes orders to lie. I wonder about that. I hope not, but I'd suspect some management fxxxs do lie. Again I hope not.

4. JD

JD Member

I didn't suck, thank you very much.

I WAS LET GO DUE TO BUDGETING.......PERIOD, POINT BLANK.

5. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

The more I read this I sense a high and almighty attitude. Perhaps I'm misreading it. Most of the management fxxxs I know got there by kissing ass. They are no better than me. Not by a long shot. I don't kiss ass.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that was NOT a self portrait, chief. i simply was playing into your self-affirmation.

you are a wonderful person, fred, doggone it.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Fredrick,

To be honest, most of your posts are ripping on sports editors and/or management. What's the deal with that? Did you get passed over for a promotion?

Seriously, there are bad sports editors and there is bad management, just like there is in any field, but to say every person that attends the "10 a.m. meeting" is the biggest cocksucker known to man, well, that is not factual. Plus, you continuing that line, makes you seem like an idiot.

Let it go.

Come up with a new line of defense.

Not all of management is terrible. In fact, some of them are pretty fucking cool.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Frederick,

Just got back from my 10 a.m. news meeting and wanted to tell you that I think your posts are well-constructed and insightful and I predict great things down the road for you.

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I'm aghast at Fredrick's unwavering disgust with management types.

So gosh-darn negative! 8)

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that's cousin fred, isn't it, joe?

11. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Heard of Proposition Joe? I'm so negative I'm Antiposition Joe.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid stuff, right there.

Draft saved Draft deleted