1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My next-door neighbors' son is full of fail

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jack_Kerouac, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Yes, encourage the serial-killer in the kid. Bring it right out of him.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Boom's best posts are when he's dead serious about the situation.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Flying guillotine

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Outstanding story...

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

You could pull a "Family Guy" moment and go over and kick the kid's ass. But yet, he is 4 1/2 and it may not be a fair fight. Just go talk to the other parent. Tell him if it happens again, you are pressing legal action.

6. When I was a kid, I broke my next-door neighbor's arm. We were roughhousing. I was being a little too rough, probably. These things happen. Kids break bones.

If the other kid is that bad, don't let your kid near him.

He's a troubled, lonely, sad little boy. He needs to be isolated from everyone. (/Marge Simpson)

7. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Teach your son the Mongolian Chop once his wrist heals. Surely the bully will back off once exposed to any of the classic moves from Pro Wrestling.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My question is this: If you loathe the kid so much, WTF was he doing in your yard?

If I had a kid who did that shit, I'd have either the victimized kid or the parent mete out some "equitable justice" (aka, smack him) so he'd learn there are consequences for being a bully.

Then he'd be grounded.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sounds like your son could have just as easily broke his arm or leg jumping off wall on his own without a push.

From the sounds of things this poor boy needs your help and understanding more than he needs you to yell at him. In effect he has already been told by his birth parents that they didn't want him.

You really want to teach you son a good lesson in life tell him that this boy needs his friendship and understanding. From the symptons that you discribe I would be shocked if this boy did not have ADHD

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time reconciling these two concepts.

If you're good friends with the parents, as you said, the best thing you can do for their son is talk to them about getting him some professional help. Something is off, and it's only going to get worse.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

I swear, I had "Small Town" on as this song was playing.

Great story.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Just when you think Boom is beyond help, he starts making sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted