1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My next-door neighbors' son is full of fail

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jack_Kerouac, Apr 2, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Have you at least gone and had a chat with lil' Shit-For-Brains' parents?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You're correct, lock the kid up. The kid has no future.
    A little dramtic, don't you think?

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No, but you just don't say it's kids being kids.

The cop would hopefully just scare the shit out of the kid so they would stop hurting other kids.

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

go talk to the parents, at their trailer.

while you're talking, excuse yourself to use the bathroom.

And upper deck them.

5. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

They were being watched. The retaining wall separates our side yard from our neighbors' (on the other side, not the ones' whose kid pushed my son) side yard. The wall is about four feet tall at that point, and they had been jumping off it and landing and rolling in the pine straw, when my wife walked over and told them to stop. Both boys were already standing on the wall (getting ready to jump again) when my wife told them to stop, then she turned to walk back into the front yard to watch our other son playing baseball, and the punk-ass kid pushed our son off right when she turned around. The wall wasn't high enough that anyone would break a bone if they jumped off on their own, but since my son got shoved, he was falling awkwardly and broke his fall with his left wrist, which incurred all of his body weight as he tumbled to the ground.

The kid next door has been a pistol from birth. He constantly gets in trouble at preschool and has even been biting his 7-month-old sister of later. He's just a real attention hog, and he'll doing anything, including hurting other people, to get attention, even if that involves punishment and getting yelled at. It's really sad.

6. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I was waiting for that, Star. Thanks for putting a smile on my face! :)

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The excessive cheerfulness is lost in translation. Not my fault.

I'll be your way this week. I know a good redneck oyster bar, we could pop a few tops. But no time for drinking this week, regrettably.

8. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

We're very good friends with the kids' parents and have been for almost 10 years. They are pretty good parents, actually, though I disagree with the light level of discipline that they give to him when he does shit like this. Having said that, he's adopted and his biological father is in prison for attempted murder, so I'm guess genetics is at work, and in this case is winning out over any amount of parenting that they do.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Good use of police resources.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Seriously, you describe a pretty troubled kid. What are the parents like? Are they trying? If they're decent people and at wit's end, let me back off though something has to put the fear of God into the kid someway, somehow.
    You answered this with the post you just made.
    Tough situation. Something has to be done to get through to the kid.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

They don't fall far from the tree.

12. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

The kid is scared to death of me and me alone. Because I'll holler at him if he's doing something that he shouldn't -- especially if it involves messing with my kids, which it often does. His dad travels a lot, and his mom's idea of disciplining him is to say "Shit-for-brains, that's not nice!" and pretty much leave it at that. They are setting themselves up for a rough time as he continues to test boundaries like that, knowing that he can play his mom for a fool and get away with minimal punishment.

Draft saved Draft deleted