1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My next-door neighbors' son is full of fail

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jack_Kerouac, Apr 2, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Has anyone mentioned calling the police yet?

That should come before the lawyers.

File a report.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

My son got his ass kicked. I got my ass kicked. Boo-hoo-hoo.

It's part of being a boy.

If the kid doesn't break his wrist playing near a retaining wall, he gets a split lip playing catch with his little friend in the backyard. Or he has to get sutures in his head from a tackle football game. Or he breaks his collarbone playing "Demolition Derby" on the sledding hill.

This stuff just happens. There isn't always some sinister cast to it.

3. I'd say to get them to pay any necessary bills.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Best post yet.

5. 93Devil

I have a feeling this was not a fight.

Some kids just hurt other kids.

Kid A pushed Kid B off of a wall.

The reason he did it? Who knows?

Was there remorse?

6. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Thanks for the kind thoughts, folks. No plans to involve lawyers, but I hope that karma spins back around on the little shit-for-brains bully sometime soon.

My son just got home from the ER about a half-hour ago (I stayed home with our 7-year-old), and his first words (granted, through Tylenol with Codeine) were: "Daddy, they gave me M&M's and a blue-and-white polka-dotted stuffed puppy at the ER! Isn't that awesome?!?!?"

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They're 4 for Fuck sakes.

8. 93Devil

In a couple years ask his parents if the short bus is as nice as the regular bus.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I got my ass whipped damn near every other day walking home from school just for wearing a ridiculous school uniform. I managed to live, nobody went to the school board, my mother suggested karate school, my brother taught me to fight.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

If it makes you feel any better, LJB, none of that pent-up anger seems to come through in your posts.

11. They don't call him Peaches for nothing ...

12. 93Devil

You have a sense of right and wrong at four.

If it's a six foot wall (and yes, someone should have been watching the kids, maybe they were) and a kid pushes the other kid in the back off the wall, that is fucked up for four.

No matter how you slice it, it's fucked up.

So in one year, when this kid is five and he/she stabs a kid in the lunch room with a fork, do you say that they are just five?

Draft saved Draft deleted