1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My next-door neighbors' son is full of fail

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jack_Kerouac, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I've loathed the kid for years, as he's always been a little brat, and he can barely talk and still pisses his pants at 4 1/2 -- in short, he's dumb and a bully.

Well, today he pushed my 4 1/2-year-old son off a retaining wall in our yard, breaking my son's wrist.

Just hoping Starman can send some of his unique vigilante justice karma vibes the way of the cretin next door.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just get a lawyer and let him/her handle it.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Yup.

Hope your kiddo gets better soon, Jack.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

This whole sentence made me laugh. So, you've loathed him since he was what, 1?

I'm sorry the rest of your post turned the way it did. I hope your boy gets better. It might be a little extreme to bring a lawyer into the ordeal, but I'd absolutely threaten that mode of action.

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

hope your son heals quickly.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Sorry for your son.

When I was five the bully in our trailer court bit my new nerf football in half and then punched me in the stomach. And laughed. He was two years older but we ended up going to school together because he was dumb (not sure if he still pissed his pants. Probably) and got held back. His bullying skills only got better as he got older. Senior year, he punched the principal after our senior trip and was expelled. Last time I was home, I heard he was in prison. So, rest assured, in 25 years, that brat that pushed your kid will be locked up somewhere.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

When I was three, the neighborhood bully tossed me to the ground so he could take my tricycle. It broke my arm. My parents looked at legal options but were pretty much told there wasn't much that could be done.

8. Moderator1

That was 40 years ago, butt. If the bully's parents get socked with some legal hassle, perhaps they will work harder at teaching his little ass not to be a bully.
    If there's no severe consequence, what will get him to stop?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If a lawyer takes this case, this country is more FUBAR than I ever imagined.

Parent talks to parent. Parent talks to kids. That's how it has been done since I can remember.

I didn't even know it was possible to be a bully at 4 1/2. Dumb and rough and a brat, yes.

10. Bump_Wills

Bump_Wills Member

Exactly.

When I was 6 and got the snot pounded out of me by an older kid at a trailer court in Elko, Nev., my dad and my uncle handled it exactly as Dr. Spock's book describes.

They went over to the camper where the kid and his folks were staying, brandished baseball bats and politely urged them to move along. Which they did.

Dad and unc had been drinking. I don't know whether that was a factor in the incident.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

When I saw the thread title, I was verrry afraid.

12. Moderator1

Except today someone would whip out a gun and Dad and Unc would be dead.

Draft saved Draft deleted