1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my new top 25.... your comments are very helpful...thanks.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Sep 10, 2006.

1. i don't go with the slotting system, slap.... i can't deny ohio state's road victory over texas... that's the most impressive victory of the season. the bucks have to be no. 1....

i moved tennessee down in my vote

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I like WVa at No. 2. Don't like Miami that low.

It may not be right, but thanks for adding Alabama. ROLL TIDE.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I went back and looked. You're right. Apologies. I still think they're a bit high, but that's just me.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If TCU is ranked at all, they're overrated. The Frogs have beaten nobodies forever, but put them in the Big 12 and they lose four, maybe five games. They had to fight for their lives to beat freakin' Baylor. Texas Tech will beat them next week, then they'll run the table against the Armys, Air Forces, BYUs and Wyomings of the world (though Colorado State might beat them in Fort Collins), and they'll end up in the top 15 or top 10 again. If TCU is one of the 25 best teams in America, college football is in sad shape.

5. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

no way that Boston College, Rutgers, TCU and Alabama are better than Nebraska.
    But you'll put them in next week when they beat USC, so i'm not worried.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

--Ohio State is where it should be, given last night's dominant performance
    --Notre Dame probably should be top five if it beats Michigan this week; No. 10 was too low
    --Louisville is probably a tad too low, but the Miami game will tell a lot about them
    --Rutgers got some love, I liked that

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Right about Rutgers and Notre Dame. I really like what I've seen so far this season from Rutgers. Very impressive running game, and the defense isn't too shabby.

8. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

1. OSU - duh
    2. WVU - won't lose in the regular season, barring a miracle
    3. ND - only team with 2 wins over ranked teams
    4. USC
    5. Auburn
    6. LSU
    7. Michigan
    8. Florida
    9. Texas
    10. FSU
    11. Tennessee
    12. VT

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I looked it up today ... Alabama is 12-2 since start of last season, and FIVE of those are 3-point wins.

I'm still impressed with what WVU did at the end of last season, so vote 'em high as you want. But Whitlock is right that OSU has the season's most impressive win to this point.

10. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Am I the only one not buying Texas and, thus, not buying Ohio State's win as that big a deal? Don't get me wrong ... nice win, but the Horns weren't much before Vince Young became one of the greatest players the game has seen in the past 10 years. To me, now that he's gone, they certainly still have the talent but have to show they aren't a bunch of gagging dogs.

Still, Ohio State has to be No. 1 ... then some combination of Auburn, LSU, USC and WVU. So I guess I'm saying, I like the list, but probably drop WVU down a couple pegs.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, I agree with the WVA philosophy... But was questioning if there was another reason besides OSU's win to bump WVA
    But Bama is not a top 25 team. Not the way it played yesterday

12. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

No Cal at all?

I know they were supposed to beat Tennesee...and didn't

But they roughed up Minnesota pretty good...

I don't see them moving up, but should they fall out?

Draft saved Draft deleted