1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My new song....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jakewriter82, Feb 28, 2008.

1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Is on YouTube..

I hope I'm not breaking any SportsJournalists.com rules by posting this here...

I've struggled with whether I should post it because essentially I'm outing myself. After some internal debate I decided I'm OK with it.

The black-and-white-to-blur effect dubbed over the video probably wasn't the best idea. But eh, it doesn't entirely wreck it.

Have at it.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The sound quality could have been better, so I won't be harsh in any way on my judgment. It sounds like you've got something to say, which is good. Once its' flushed out with some other instruments and good sound equipment, I think it will sound pretty damn good.

Was that a Martin you were playing? I have a D15 acoustic/electric.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Since I already knew who you were, I get to mock you, right?

4. old_tony

Let me just add this: It is a goal and dream of mine to actually write a song all by myself. I have a shared credit on one song, but that was such a collaborative effort and it was kind of a novelty tune, too.

To do a song by myself is a major goal and I admire everyone who can do it.

5. jakewriter82

Well thanks. Yeah, it's just my video camera picking up the sound so I can't do anything about that... I have a martin DXM. One of those composites...the guy who sold it to me said it's one of the more durable guitars and the sound is great. Martin makes quality instruments.

6. jakewriter82

Mock away. :p
    See now I can't go off on my employer like I used to back in the day...heh.
    Probably for the best anyway. :)

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Writing and recording Three Little Pigs with Green Jelly does not count, o_t. :D

8. old_tony

It was actually a song ripping the local sewage district for dumping untreated sewage into local waterways when there were big rainstorms that caused overflowing. The band I was in at the time, we were having a weekly practice and just started riffing and ended up with a kind of funny song that actually got played a couple times on local radio.

9. Just sit down and do it, o_t.
    Just write for yourself and see what happens.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Very cool.

I write lyrics, but I dream of the day I can actually write a song including the music. Only problem is: The only instrument I currently know how to play is the tambourine.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I have two CDs out, but I don't know if I would like to share the creations on here. If you are interested, PM me.

Draft saved Draft deleted