1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Well, someone pointed out it was iocane powder instead of arsenic. And his name is Indigo Montoya, not inigo, as is in the title of the thread. Other than that, FUCKING nothing.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I do not think that means what you think it means...

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Are we in Bizarro World....

Should I start saying.....

Look out for the Inigo Snake!
    or
    I buy all my inigo dye from India.

Get a clue.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sorry, Proud, but IMDB's got it as Inigo, not Indigo.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's Inigo.

He says it a thousand times. Never does he pronounce a D.

6. The confusion probably comes from Fred Savage's character (that is Fred and not Ben, right? I mix up their names) pronouncing it, because it does sound like Indigo when he says it.
    But yes, the character himself CLEARY says, "My name is Inigo Montoya. You kill my father. Prepare to die."

7. Actually, I really don't give a rats ass what you start saying about snakes or dye. I never said anything to you. I was talking about the title of the thread, which I was wrong about. Never did I say anything about Columbo, so no clue needed. Thanks for the replies though. I needed them to get through day.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As much as I love Heathers, and I do, I don't own it. I own the Princess Bride. Great.
    Star Wars episodes II & III are #1 & #1A

9. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

If you're talking about the prequels, those are more along the lines of kendo than fencing.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I wouldn't have come back at you except you got all belligerent and made the same mistake after you had already been corrected once.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

While I'll agree that this wins comfortably over Man in Tights, Dr. Jeffrey Geiger is one of the best characters in TV history. And I'd add Robin Wright to the list, Gump is overrated.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

As already noted, the character's name is Inigo Montoya. That's what it is in the book, that's what it is in the movie, that's what it is in the Wikipedia entry.

Draft saved Draft deleted