1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Name Is Earl

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 27, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

it's not a schooner, it's a sailboat

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

A schooner is a sailboat, stupid-head.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

you know what? there is no easter bunny!

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Over there, it's just a guy in a suit!

5. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

i don't get how people find that show funny. it's awful. It's alway sunny in philadelphia is a great show, tho.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The reason we give thanks for video recorders every November.

7. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

sorry. I won't spoil it. they just reran it a couple weeks ago, so i figured even as a latecomer you may have seen it.

There is so much great acting on this show. One of the few shows most of my friends watch and like the "I don't speak maid line" can just spout out a line and crack up. And I have to DVR it or I'll miss so much laughing.

I agree Earl and Office is the best hour. And right now I'd put Monk/Psych as the best 2 hours. But I digress.

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

He'll always be the guy that stares at the Magic Eye posters in the mall until he explodes and destroys them all in "Mallrats"

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If you want the ultimate sign "Earl" is genius, it made Mike O'Malley funny.

Also, gotta love that Clint Howard has a recurring role.

10. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

My favorite Joy line came in the episode where Earl is trying to make ammends to the guy who wants to kill himself.  Earl finds out that the guy is infatuated with Joy and arranges the two to go on a date (Joy was mad at the Crab Man because he wasn't jealous enough about another guy hitting on her).  

The date takes place at the restaurant where Crab Man works and Joy and he make up.  As Joy gets up to leave, her date protests but Joy counters with (a paraprase):  "Not all dates end good.  Sometimes they end with your date doing it with a black man in a restaurant restroom."

Priceless.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I thought I was the one that gave payphones a negative connotation.  You find payphones in the kinds of neighbourhoods where people get their phone service cut off or can't affford a phone.  They're usually next to the convenience store that has the front window completely covered in posters for various long distance cards, offering "Best rates to Jamaica" or "Cheapest rates to India".

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The fact that the show survived those annoying radio ads is a testament to its quality. A very good and must Tivo show, but not great show. It obviously pales in quality to The Office.

Not sure where it goes from here, but I'm surprised at the Emmy snubs.

Draft saved Draft deleted