1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Name Is Earl season finale - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigRed, May 11, 2007.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

OK, since nobody else has started this topic, I will....
    I don't know how many of you guys saw the "Earl" season finale last night, but it was great....
    I was a little surprised that Earl gave himself up for Joy at the end, but it fits with his moral character.
    And Marlee Matlin.... wow!! She is smoking.
    By the way, the "Earl" writers have to be "Boogie Nights" fans.... I loved when Earl and Randy went over to check on Crab-Man and the kids were shooting the Fourth of July firecracker-poppers at him... and what song was playing in the background?
    "Sister Christian" by Night Ranger.
    That's one hell of a pop-culture nod there, and one of the reasons I love this show.

2. I've been trying to figure out if they're going to do whole or even most of the next season with him in jail. I don't suppose it would be too difficult to get him out in one to four shows time ...

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

That was pretty funny. I thought the show fell off a bit this season...I've got about five episodes Tivod that I haven't watched yet.

4. Actually the last five or six episodes have been pretty good. My favorite was the Cops episode.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I figure he'll do a couple of shows in the jail, then Marlee Matlin will get him out, then get him off!

Great episode, I don't know why more people don't like this show on here.
    Liked the Boogie Nights reference.

6. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

They had a ton of Rudy references a couple of weeks ago when Earl got a job. Good timing, since the episode included guest stars Sean Astin, Charles S. Dutton and Chelcie Ross.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yeah, I loved it when Roc gave Earl that speech he gave Rudy. Very funny. I hope they keep doing that, I love this show.

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

That's what I love about this show.... the pop-culture references and writing are outstanding. Plus it's funny as hell.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I still can't believe that Earl said Matlin's accent drove him crazy.
    Great stuff.

10. Joy makes the show for me. Her gestures when she's telling the attorney Earl has a thing for her were classic.

11. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

And how about when Earl was looking for character witnesses for her, and he approaches her minister?
    "The last time she came to church it was in a denim bikini. When I tried to tell her it was inappropriate, she said, 'So you're saying Jesus wouldn't want a piece of this?" Classic.
    And Randy always gets the best lines, too.... like the episode where Burt Reynolds' character killed himself by mistaking the water pistol he had full of vodka for the real pistol he carried around, and shooting himself in the face.."
    "Could have happened to any of us," Randy said.
    Great. I'll miss this show over the summer.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

My favorite Randy line was in the flashback where they were breaking into Marlee Maitlin's house:

Randy (kicking down the door like he's Scarface): "ROBBIN' THE DEAF!!!!!!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted