1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My MVP Ballot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Aug 28, 2011.

1. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

1) Curtis Granderson
    2) Jacoby Ellsbury
    3) Miguel Cabrera
    4) Adrian Gonzalez
    5) Robinson Cano
    6) Dustin Pedroia
    7) Paul Konerko
    8) Asdrubal Cabrera
    9) Michael Young
    10) Derek Jeter

Yes, Jetes has put himself onto the list with the way he's hit the past month. There might be others with better stats this season but it's entirely appropriate to use the ballot to honor him for his career.

NL ballot to come soon, and I will update these ranking at the end of the season.

2. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

1) Prince Fielder
    2) Ryan Braun
    3) Shane Victorino
    4) Justin Upton
    5) Matt Holliday
    6) Lance Berkman
    7) Albert Pujols
    8) Brian McCann
    9) Ryan Howard
    10) Rickie Weeks

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I don't even know why I'm responding to this nonsense, but did you really mean to leave off the guy with an 1,102 OPS? (for the AL ballot)

4. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Obviously I disqualify anyone who is not on a contending team, so no Batista or Kemp on my ballot.

5. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Please post your ballot.

I have been skeptical of Granderson but he's having a tremendous year. He's on pace for 150 runs and 130 RBIs on a winning team

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Great essay by Joe Pos why the "I throw out players on a non-contending team" logic is so ridiculous.

http://joeposnanski.blogspot.com/2011/08/myth-of-pressure.html

7. mb

mb Active Member

The you can only be valuable on a great team argument has got to be one of the stupidest in the game.

You want to use it as the final tiebreaker between two equally brilliant players? Fine, I suppose. But to be unwilling to vote for a guy because his team sucks? Makes about as much sense as the dingleberries that don't vote for anybody in their first year of HOF eligibility.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sub out a .500 pitcher (12-12) for Justin Verlander, and the Tigers are 65-68, 3 games off the division lead rather than 6 games up.

9. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Let's be real here...this is your MVP top 10.
    1. Derek Jeter
    2. Jetes
    3. D. Jeter
    4. Derek 'J'
    5. 'Jeets'
    6. Jorge Posada
    7. D-Jeetz
    8. Number 2
    9. A-Rod's Knee
    10. You can call me Mr. Jeter!!!

10. deviljets7

deviljets7 Member

You do realize that the non-contending Blue Jays have the same amount of wins as the White Sox and one more win than the Indians right?

11. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Is Granderson's batting average too low to win MVP? It's .277, the last player to win with an average that low was Roger Maris in 1961 (whose record Grandy might beat this year).

12. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

If Bautista gets the Blue Jays into the playoffs I will vote for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted