1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Moral Dilema at McDonalds

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Growing up, the 7-11 had a 44-ounce Super Big Gulp for 59 cents.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I am not getting a beverage that has "kum" in its name

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I worked at Dunkin' Donuts, and we would dump pepper and salt in coffees if 1) the person was an asshole and 2) they have a non-Rhode Island plate. Our place was right off 95, so we assumed that they wouldn't come back to complain about the odd-tasting $1.55 coffee. Then again, I worked the 4 p.m. to midnight shift with hours-old coffee, so maybe it helped to compensate for that burned taste.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I always wondered why restaurants with self-serve drinks and free refills offered small, medium and large sizes.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'm concerned about refills in general. If someone gets a refill that means they are sticking their germ infested cup against the same ice and soda dispenser where my new cup is going. My new cup is now contaminated.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've never sent back a meal in my life.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I worked at Pea Soup Anderson's - a small california restaurant chain - in college.

I saw an angry waiter spit in the pea soup several times.

I saw a steak hit the floor of the kitchen - it was thrown back on the grill for maybe 10 seconds to burn off any large items that attached when it hit the floor - and then thrown on another plate.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Oh yes you ah-are...

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

My wife, God bless her, was unfailingly nice about this when we first got married. About five years ago, she started sending food back if it was cold. I can't remember a restaurant meal since where she didn't send something back. It's been kind of astonishing to watch. And she's been right every time I've been with her. The food was cold.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think saliva would actually improve pea soup.

11. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

It's the store, not the drink. But the cup will have said name displayed prominently.

Supposedly, the store got its name in the more innocent 50's when that word did not have a sexual connotation (and I think it's spelled with a K because it's the first letter of one of the founder's last names).

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Nope. I had a cousin who worked at a steakhouse. One night, he was on the grill and apparently one diner had a different definition of "medium well" then my cousin. He sent it back three times. The third time, my cousin told me he put it on the floor and stomped on it before putting it back on the grill.

This is why I don't send back food. I order medium well and hope for medium because I don't want to order medium and end up with medium rare.

Draft saved Draft deleted