1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Moral Dilema at McDonalds

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Parts of spring & fall I guess.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Too many people steal the shit and fill their purses.

3. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

1. Soda, pop, whatever you call it is all rung up under the same button. As someone said, it's just about the size of the cup.

2. I hear the smoothies are going like gangbusters. McD's cancelled some kind of sampling/tasting program they were going to do because they were afraid they would've have enough inventory.

3. If your paper has Parade Magazine, there was a coupon in it yesterday for a free smoothie. Not sure if this was local, regional or national.

4. The $1.00 32 oz. pop/soda/sweet tea is an interesting promotion. Wendy's here is now also doing 77 cent 32 oz. pop's after 9 pm. The 9 pm time limit is a deal breaker to me.

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

A regional gas station chain called "Kum & Go" has $.59 32 oz sodas all summer. It's awesome because they offer Pepsi & Coke products, as well as a bunch of flavors that you can mix with your drink.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Splenda sells for 4 - 6 cents a pack. It is not that cheap.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I only get the Angus beef.

7. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I've ordered the same thing since I was a kid: Quarter pounder with cheese, plain. Used to piss my dad off royally, back in the days before everything was made to order.

"Goddamn it, can't you just scrape that crap off?" he'd growl.

Helpful tip: For guaranteed hot, fresh fries, order them with no salt. For sadistic fun at the window, ask for salt there. :D

8. TimmyP

TimmyP Member

Semi-related question: Of these "special" orders, how many of them do you think are screwed with by the workers putting them together? I hope it's not too high of a percentage, but I think 25 percent is a safe guess to come back with something more than you expected.

And how about if you send an order back in a chain-type restaurant (Chili's, Applebees, Red Robin, for example), because the steak is underdone, the side dish is cold, etc.? I'm thinking you're getting some special spit sauce in a good 50 percent of the dishes when they return.

Is that overly paranoid?

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's also a guaranteed way to add three minutes or more to your order time. And earn the undying hatred of the staff, along with whatever retribution they can muster.

You know how you meet completely disgusting people in your life? People who make you want to sterilize the room after they leave, because of lack of hygiene? Well, those people go through drive-thrus, too. I always put money they gave me in a separate slot in the drawer, and passed that out as change to people who annoyed me. Not exactly spit in the food, but I could never do that to someone. (You have to work at a lax place for this to work, because a well-run restaurant will watch employee's drawers for signs of theft, which includes money in the wrong slots.)

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

In fast food? Depends on how busy they are. During slow periods, I'd say 5 percent. At a poorly-run restaurant in peak hours, I'd say 33% sounds about right.

11. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

During college, I worked in two restaurants and a movie theater. I never saw someone intentionally do something gross to a customer's food.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

So, you're the reason the drive-through lane takes 20 minutes?

Draft saved Draft deleted