1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Moral Dilema at McDonalds

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Wow. I have the exact opposite view on their onions and pickles. I always order with "no onions and no pickles" ... and I love me some onions and pickles.

2. You'd be better off advising your stomach that you will be feeling nauseous in about a half an hour after eating McD's food.

Unless it's breakfast. Their breakfast isn't monstrously bad.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

damn you all to hell... off to McD for breakfast I go...

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What are you going to get?

It took me over a year to try the McGriddle, but now it's a once every couple of months indulgence.

5. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

The $1 soda is a regional thing. I've seen it in some places, but I've never seen it for any period of time in the area where I live. The last place I remember picking up a $1 soda from McDonald's was in Chicago last summer.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They're promoting it on billboards and other media here (Chicago).

I assumed it was national, but I guess it's targeted.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Boom,

Yes, you should tell them so they can keep their inventory straight. You also need to go back and alert them whenever you get a refill.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Local Burger King seems to do the same thing with Splenda.

Gimme my damn Splenda NOW, bitches!

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

... and ... dilemma.

Apparently, Starbucks at some point put a real dent in McDonald's breakfast business. It's shocking how much the inside of McD's restaurants now look like a coffeehouse, with the stone tile and the wifi. Funny, because their prices aren't that much better than Starbucks as far as I can tell. You want a medium-sized vanilla latte, it's gonna cost close to $4. To me, they're not as good, but to each his own. They are more convenient.

I can't remember the last time I had sweet tea in anything other than a barbecue joint. Just not consistent enough.

Back to the original question, Boom, they're not paid enough for you to bother them with that. To them, the cup size is all that matters.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just worried about "Cup Size" is kind of a shallow way to go through life.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

They're getting paid 7.25 an hour. Depth of thought isn't part of the equation.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'd be stunned if there are any fast-food workers out there who actually register the customer's drink choice in a self-serve setting. It's all rung up as "coke" in my experience.

Draft saved Draft deleted