1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Moral Dilema at McDonalds

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 18, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm trying to remember now, but I believe that he stressed how cold they kept their water and how they handled the carbonation.

It was in a conversation on how he thought McDonald's could pull of a specialty (espresso) coffee program while he didn't think Burger King necessarily could.

2. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

McD's Coke is absolutely perfect -- the mixture of syrup and carbonation is great. That they have $1 drinks for all sizes is what keeps giving them my business.

BK's Cokes are too syrupy -- gas-station level. Wendy's aren't bad. Arby's and the Yum! restaurants around here have all switched to Pepsi, which is WAY too sweet & syrupy out of a fountain.

McD's sweet tea is to die for.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, and.....quandary

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agree on McDonald's drinks. It's really quite impressive. And people give them shit, but they have adapted over the years to keep people coming in. Free Wi-Fi. $1 drinks. Nevermind the freakin' fries.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

McD's sweet tea = best dollar you could ever spend at a fast food shithole.

Best Sweet Tea ever...
    1. Homemade at my house
    2. Milo's somewhere in bumfuck Alabama
    3. McD's.

6. crimsonace

The "premium" coffee + free wifi has gone a real long way in undercutting Starbucks in this economy.

I've noticed a lot of newer McD's looking pretty upscale with the interior design. One I was at the other day had the "Mac Tonight" moon guy sitting at a piano in the middle of the restaurant. That d*mn song was stuck in my head the rest of the day (I was doubly impressed, because they went with a decoration element that nobody younger than 30 would get).

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

When I worked in fast food many moons ago, a drink was a drink on the cash register button, so it didn't matter what flavor you ended up getting at the fountain. So I think Boom's in the clear.

Worst Coke (or soda in general) ever = Carl's Jr.

Best sweet tea = Whataburger. (I'm glad to see sweet tea spreading all over and not just in the South.)

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Speaking of behind the counter stuff, I talked recently with my uncle's girlfriend, who's a manager at a Hardees. I wanted to know why some places insist on making you ask for ketchup at the counter and then they give you the damn packets. Put the dispensers out in the open, please - and if you must have packets, at least put them out in the open so I can grab 10 of them. when you ask for them, they'll give you like two, no matter what size fries you get.

She said Hardees management told them to keep the ketchup behind the counter, because it encourages customer interaction with the employees. Even if it means the customers are annoyed, apparently. But each place can decide for themselves and they put the dispensers out. Fighting the man, one dispenser at a time.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Huge pet peeve.

Give me some damn ketchup. Nothing worse than pulling away from the drive thru & realizing that you don't have ketchup.

And give me a bunch. I've got a burger & fries.

10. crimsonace

(or Hardee's in the Midwest).

Dead-on, and not even close. Flat and carbon-y. And, at least around here, you get the privilege of waiting about 15 minutes for it, too.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Bascially the same, but agree.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How many of you have Micky D's selling smoothies now?

Draft saved Draft deleted