1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My McNuggets are an emergency"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 3, 2009.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Amount of actual chicken meat in those 39 McNuggets: About a drumstick's worth.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I used to assault the shit out of 20-piecers.

There were times when I was making a long drive in the middle of the night and I'd eat a 20-piece McNuggets, a large fries and a large soda in the car. It's a fucking miracle I didn't keel over at the wheel.

Now I can't even look at the shit. It makes me cringe. I'll still eat fast food (Wendy's only), but just seeing the arches reminds me of my gluttonous days.

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

It's amazing, the mind-body connection. BYH, that's your body telling you it doesn't want that crap. It takes awhile to get there, but doesn't it feel good? (Wendy's generally has much less salt, which is why junk food addicts don't crave it as much.)

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God I crave McNuggets now. And KY, even I can put down a 20-piecer.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'd take the McDouble and fries over McNuggets any time.
    McNuggets are disgusting.

6. imjustagirl

The McDouble pissed me off. Give me my other slice of cheese, you freaks!

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Excellent call. Not all the McD's around here have McDoubles. Some just sell good ol' double cheeseburgers with two slices of cheese!

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

"Parts is parts."

9. imjustagirl

Oh, you can still buy the double cheeseburger...just not on the dollar menu.

Someone sent me this and I said it was basically my exact reaction, except I went through the drivethru, I didn't get lettuce and I cried to myself.

http://www2.theclarionnews.com/Opinions/76082.shtml

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Someone got paid to write that? Please don't share this with those outside the industry. It will make our pleas to be taken seriously as a national institution just a little more laughable :(

11. imjustagirl

As will confusing please with pleas.

:D

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

you all still eat at mcdonalds? i haven't eaten there in about 5 years. it's just plain sick.

Draft saved Draft deleted