1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My MacGyver Moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

My vacuum cleaner quit working, and I'm dumb as a post when it comes to mechanical applications. So I checked for blockages. Gunk, of course, falls out when I start poking around. Now the carpet's even dirtier.

Still not working. So I checked the belt. Snapped in half, of course. This sends me on a quest. I call a few stores and suddenly notice a purple wrist band next to me. Apparently, my 2-year-old daughter received this from her mother. Wrist band. Belt. Wrist band. Belt. The belt's circumference was more than twice that of the wrist band. But the wrist bend stretches. So I figure what the hell and hang up on Home Depot.

Lo and behold, it worked. The carpet's clean. Undoubtedly, this is a short-term solution. I can tell that it's not working at full capacity. But it worked. This might be the proudest moment of my life. I might start hanging out at the redneck bar with the plumbers, roofers, concrete guys and drywall folks. I feel I need to organize my sockets and oil my wrenches.

2. you're a stud.

I hope that your daughter doesn't get pissed that you stretched out her wristband...

3. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Good going. Next you'll be using a pan baby potatoes, a surgical glove, a broken paper clip and the moon's gravitational pull when you're trapped in the garage.

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

Draft saved Draft deleted