1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My last free Friday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In about an hour I'm off to my favorite watering hole. It will be the last free Friday night I will have for 17 weeks.

Football, y'know.

Maybe when I get back (if I don't drag some young filly home) I can start an Ask Drunk thread.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Maybe we can turn the fallout shelter into the official home of all "Ask Drunk..." threads.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

High school football started here last night, tonight's the first big one.

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

We had a couple of schools play last Friday and tonight, but the real insanity begins next week with high school and college starting.

As I told my friends, see you in about 15 weeks.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

yeah, rub it in. most of us started this week.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I've got 90 games to help process tonight. Yippee!

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I hope you have a small army of helpers.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

We do. Four or five people in tonight for no reason other than to answer phones and type in box scores. Our computer programmer saves us most of the work with a nifty program that updates records, standings, stat leaders, etc., automatically as the results are typed in.

I just have to make sure the one paragraph summary makes sense and is accurate for each of the football, soccer, volleyball and other games.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The management over there would frown on that.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'll join you, F_B.

I'm hoping to be drunk off my fucking ass in about an hour.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm with you, man. No more watching lousy baseball games, waiting for phones to ring nonstop. I love football, which makes the realization both a blessing and a curse. I'll take it, though.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

We start next Friday night, and I'll be in the slot. I've long said the only times I miss writing are 11 Friday nights each year.

It will, however, mark the renewal of our Friday post-shift tailgates in the newspaper parking lot. Good times.

Draft saved Draft deleted