1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My last cigarette was Friday at 7 PM.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's been 5 full days and it hasn't been horrible. But I haven't been to work yet and I don't go back until New Year's eve day. I'll miss it as work and being stuck in traffic.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Because someone decided to make Rush Limbaugh an issue, for some reason. My only point was this: I have many liberal friends who smoke. They also get extremely indignant because someone might be driving a Humvee instead of an electric car. They're so worried about poison in the atmosphere, but think nothing of intentionally putting poison into their own lungs.

I'm only trying to figure that out.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And you're still being a world-class asshole. Guess everyone's good at something.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucwb/20071130/cm_ucwb/youlivewithit

5. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Now see, if these were directed at me, you could get this thread locked. So fire away!

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

You're the one who brought politics into this thread. A number of people who completely disagree with the original poster's thoughts on myriad topics were giving him support on his quitting smoking. There was no squabbling until you decided to get in your stupid, gratuitous dig at liberals. It's cowardly and dishonest on your part to try to pretend now that the return volleys are what instigated it. If you're going to be a jackass, as least be a man about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.