1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My last cigarette was Friday at 7 PM.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I don't mind people disagreeing with me; in fact, sometimes I like it. What I don't like is when some people need to turn every goddamn thing into a political issue. It gets tiresome.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Are you really going to try and once again perpetuate the idea that you're all warm and fuzzy and welcoming to those who don't see your point of view, Hondo?

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You fucking kidding me? Everything's got to be political with liberals.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Still winning friends and influencing people I see, hondo.

Fucking douchebag.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Get back to your fucking agate page, liberal douche.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

How did a quitting smoking thread get turned into yet another political thread?

Gheez. I need a cigarette.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Drop you down to a single digit? ;)

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Good job Abbot. I am trying to quit dipping - it's been nine days but the urges are slowly leaving.
    Those first five days were hell. When I got a little buzzed the other night, I wanted to dip. Sober, I'm good.
    Mind over matter. That's what I keep telling myself.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I couldn't find any stats on how many Republicans smoke compared with Dems. However, Republican politicans certainly don't mind taking most of the money from tobacco companies:

http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.asp?Ind=A02

Not that I personally think that means a hell of a lot. But if you think smokers are stupid, then it must follow that you believe more Republican politicians favor having a dumber country.

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Speaking of which, where's old_tony?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or they're just trying to kill off all the libs.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Upon reading this thread, 'Yab went straight to his nearest 24-hour store and bought a gross of unfiltered Lucky's.

Seriously ... good luck staying off the sticks. It took my dad well over 20 years and every method under the sun to finally quit smoking. Though he gained some weight, I think he's already seeing the benefits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.