1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My last cigarette was Friday at 7 PM.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Looks like Hondo got a big pile of passive-aggressive under the tree.

So only liberals smoke. What a world you live in, Hondo. What a world.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Congratulations, 'yab. Hang in there; it gets better. My last was Sept. 30, 1989. I don't miss it at all at this point, but it helps that I know few people who smoke.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No...I know you have reading comprehension problems, but I never said only liberals smoke ... I merely pointed out that I have many liberal friends who smoke. But to hear them and you and others talk, they would A. know better and B. not get so touchy about carbon emissions when they're intentionally pumping poison into their own lungs.

Where's the logic in that?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Way to show your colors asshole. Now light one up and relax.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Please hondo. We're not as dumb as you like to think we are. You were theorizing, in your typical passive-aggressive way, that only dummies smoke. the people you know who smoke are liberals. Therefore, liberals are dummies.

Alas, while I vote Democratic, I've never smoked a cigarette (cigars at bachelor parties though) so I have no answer to your question. I know that probably shatters your world, but what can you do?

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Not sure on the formula for regeneration of lungs, BYH. Just remember reading it in a health magazine.

7. I believe it involves silicon, does it not?

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

That's where you're wrong. With all the reseach and medical evidence out there, the only logical conclusion that can be made is that dummies smoke.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

You're making an assumption that all liberals are environmentalists. It would be equally silly to assume no conservatives are environmentalists.

The fact is that some liberals are like me -- it would be OK with me if we reduced our poisoning of the planet, someday, but that's pretty far down the list as far as I'm concerned. The priority is to make the country safe from ranting, Limbaugh-listening morons who throw a hissy fit every fucking day even if there's nothing especially worth bitching about that particular day and have made America a far less pleasant place. The other shit like saving the environment would just be gravy.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Of you feel that way about certain talk-show hosts, your day would be pleasant just by turning the dial.
    Simple, really.

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Note I didn't criticize Limbaugh himself. My gripe is with his idiot listeners who insist on filling us in on the rant we intentionally missed.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot? That's a nice progressive way of thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.