1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My last 2 1/2 hours of eating..........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Good luck Chef.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yes, Chef, good luck. Have fun with it. Be patient. Fruits, veggies, gym.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

It'll also help you maintain an erection for longer than 8 seconds.

Check into it.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Does it have to be string cheese or can it be slices of cheese from a brick like Monteray Jack with Jalepenos.

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Definitely take that to heart. Exercise not only burns calories while you're exercising, it also increases your metabolism so that you burn calories after a workout. Plus, as you add more muscle, your body can ingest and burn more calories.

Sportschick, I wouldn't know you if you were a USC cheerleader with your rear cheeks showing on national TV, but you may be a weakling. I have a friend named Barry who can help you bulk up, but your penis might shrink a little. Seriously though, your calorie burn is based upon your weight and muscle mass along with your exercise routine. If you weigh more, your body requires more energy to do basic tasks. A guy who weighs as much as I do can eat 3,500 calories a day and maintain weight, so they say. So, by eating 1,500, I'm actually losing more than half a pound a day without adding in exercise. Now, this will change as my body shrinks. But I've picked a safe zonek, where I should be able to lose fairly steadily without starving myself. But, hey, if I feel like I'm hungry, I eat something, bet it a snack or a whole healthy meal.

On the exercise front, I've found that you can really work exercise into your normal routine by walking places that you might normally drive and so forth. When I clean all of my boy's toys off the living room floor at night, I do squats rather than bend at the waist. The first time I did this, I nearly couldn't get out of bed the next day. For cardio, I like to grab a jump rope. I can do it in a confined area, and it's super cheap and never breaks. But I suggest walking or jogging as well. In fact, you'll shed points at the rate you're looking for if you jog regularly.

Also, on the cheese front, shoot for 2 percent cheese or skim milk cheese. But lord don't buy fat-free mozarella. It's like eating rubber.

As for the person who lost 25 pounds in six weeks, that's excellent. As long as you did it the healthy way, it's great. But remember, also, that the first 25 is the easiest. That next 25 is a bitch because it disappears in half-pounds and quarter-pounds.

Mmm. Quarter pounds...

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's what happened to me. Through 6 or 7 months I lost 40 pounds. But I've been stuck in the 240-250 range for a few months. I don't eat crap, I drink lots of water and still work out. But the pounds aren't coming off as easily. It's frustrating.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

OK, so I'm trying to do the healthier thing. When I drink milk (admittedly rarely to this point) it's been 2 percent. My dad drinks skim, but just the sight of it makes me feel ill. So is 1 percent closer to skim consistency, or 2 percent? Will I be able to drink it easily? Or am I better sticking to 2 percent?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ha. I just hate that you can basically see through skim milk. I need there to be SOME consistency to my milk (but not like buttermilk). I'll try a small container of 1 percent and see. Thanks buckweaver!

9. joe

joe Active Member

1 percent is almost (almost) like decent milk. Skim is white water. I can't drink whole milk or even 2 percent anymore after going with 1 percent for years.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

After growing up drinking 2 percent, I've been drinking skim milk for years now, to the point that 2 percent is too heavy and whole milk tastes like I'm drinking pure cream. When I have milk in the house, I'll drink close to a gallon a day. I heart milk.

11. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

The healthy thing to do would be to tell you to drink soy milk, but I'd rather just quit drinking milk than to drink a plant and pretend that it was from a cow. My suggestion would be to continue with 2 percent. Milk is healthy, no matter how you slice it. Women and children, in particular, really can't get enough milk. It has fat and calories, but it's super-filling and loaded with healthy stuff. And I agree with you on skim. I used to drink the stuff, but I never really cared much for it. Chocolate milk is fine, though, in a 1 percent variety. It tastes wonderful, and it's okay as a treat. The catch with that is that you're also introducing a little sugar into your diet.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I grew up with whole milk, and it was very hard for me to swap to 2%. I can't even stomach the thought of 1% or skim.

And I loves me some buttermilk cornbread.

Draft saved Draft deleted