1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My last 2 1/2 hours of eating..........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jan 1, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

1500 calories and you lose weight! I am insanely jealous. I gain if I eat more than 1200 a day, and I have to be around 700-800 calories a day to lose. I hate my freaking metabolism.

On the plus side, when the nuclear holocaust comes, I'll live.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I've lost 25 pounds in the last 6 weeks or so. I work out four or five times a week doing elliptical (yes, I do feel like a sissy, but how else am I supposed to develop a fine buttox?) and working with the weight machines at my apartment. Again, they worry me because all the "how to use this" pictures are of chicks, but I've gotten over that all a little bit. I've gotten TONS better doing weights and the elliptical, even after taking a week off for the Holidays. It amazes me how much harder I can push myself now than I could even a couple weeks ago.

Oh, and I've been taking Hydroxycut, sticking to small or medium sized meals a day and drinking tons of water. I really haven't cheated much at all.

I know, the Hydroxycut's probably a terrible idea, but what can I say? I like short cuts, and it really seems to help. I would imagine it doesn't help everyone, but it sure as shit does me. I've been doing the diet for the whole 6 weeks, and the exercise probably for a little less, and I feel a lot better. I want to get about 10 or 12 more pounds off before I start to ditch the pills and worry more about weights and stuff.

Here's my advice: I'm no expert. All the stuff I just suggested works for me though. It may not for you. Weight loss seems to be different for everyone, but nevertheless when you ask any group of people you'll get 100 different answers and everyone is sure they're right. For me, it's about like religion and politics -- don't bring it up unless your begging for a fight. Ask someone you trust, but in the end, I'd say do what you feel comfortable with.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I prefer Oreocut.

4. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Groan.

What does it feel like being on Hydroxycut? Do you think it's really working?

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

re: juice

It's high in sugar and high in calories, but it still can count as a source of fruit. Be sure to get a "good" one (more juice, less filler - try a brand from Whole Foods) and you can do a 50/50 mix of juice and sparkling mineral water or club soda.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I have enough hate for my metabolism to cover the hate for yours and my brother's, who can eat like a complete pig and not gain a FRIGGIN POUND!

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Why is string cheese considered a good snack. I know it is better than a sack of Doritos but how is cheese good for you?

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It has calcium and protein for a very little caloric bang. You'd be surprised how filling it can be.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It's a dairy product. So if you get low fat string cheese, you're getting more dairy than fat.

Oh, and what cosmo said, too.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'd just like to remind people that exercise is a massive key ingredient to losing weight. Lowering your caloric intake, but not increasing your calorie burn will only work for a little while, then the metabolism just learns to be slower.

Reduce how much you eat, increase how much you exercise and you will lose weight. Guaranteed.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm not sure I like the sounds of this guatantee.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I agree. On Feb. 21, 2006, I began my transformation, starting at 284 pounds (I'm 6'1). It takes time. Do it right, smart. Drink lots of water and cut out the crappy food.

Just after 10 months later, I'm at 240. I have another 25-30 to go. I wanted to be at 210 bing-bang-boom like that. It doesn't happen that fast. Just commit to the program and go about it smartly. Otherwise, it's unhealthy.

Draft saved Draft deleted