1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Larry David Subway Moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

There's also a rhythm to ordering the extras.....generally two at a time, and the two should be close together in the bins.

"Lettuce and tomato" (then as the last tomato slice is being placed) "pickles and olives" (as the last olives fall) "cucumbers and banana peppers...."

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Whaa is wrong with these people when you get a meatball sandwich. I've had this happen at Subway and Por O Subs.
    I order the sandwich. The person goes through the usual: What size? White or wheat? Mayo and mustard?
    What did you just ask me?
    Did you just ask me if I wanted mayo and mustard on my meatball sandwich?
    What is wrong with you?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Amen - timing is very important. Definitely lettuce and tomato are the first instruction when you hit the veggie section. You have to be vigilant though of brown lettuce.

I find that banana peppers have to be a singular instruction.

4. KG

KG Active Member

The best subs come from the deli at Publix.

5. Boom_70

That is part of problem. No options should be allowed on meatball subs. . This really would protect people from themselves.

6. Boom_70

A word of caution as you work your way down sandwich counter. Be on the lookout for a crackback block from suburban mother just off the tennis court, racing in while talking on her cell phone. Her Land Rover is double parked and she has 2 minutes before she has to pick up little Johnny at his Chinese cooking class and little Brittany at soccer.

I was able to fend off one absent minded blond last week with my elbow. I know of at least 2 people who ended up with torn ACL's while shepherding their bologna sandwichs through the mill.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Good stuff, except the son's name is Colton. Only the bourgeoisie name their sons such old-school names.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It kills me when they advertise the hell out of some new sandwich, then when you order it they ask what you want on it.

Doesn't it have specific ingredients, per the commercial?

9. Boom_70

Nah - in my area it's "Johnny" - it's a bow to the common man.

10. Boom_70

"Hey Achmed turn around and look at the 7 foot color poster on your wall. That is how I want my sandwich made. How would I know how to make it?"

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is a great thread if you are a jockey trying to make weight.

12. Boom_70

Subways are not built for Jockeys. You need to be able to see the counter.

Draft saved Draft deleted