1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Larry David Subway Moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The complexity of the Subway ordering process can be a hair raising experience even for the most experienced Subway client.

Went today to pick up a few subs. Usually I dole out my order one sub at a time because I am convinced that all Subway sandwich makers suffer from short term memory loss. ( perhaps from breathing in too much C-4 .

Last week the clerk berated me and told me that I needed to give him my entire order at once because it was quicker. I retorted that it would be quicker if they had more help.

Cut to this week - same clerk. I decide ok I'll follow procedure- I rattle off 4 subs - 6 inch veggie cheese Lettuce and tomato ect ect..... and walk away to get drinks. As I fill cups I look over and see clerk madly signally me. Turns out that he forgot my order.
  2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Did you remind him of your last encounter?
  3. Boom_70

No - I was sure he would have forgotten it.

YGBFKM Guest

Cool story, bro.
  5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Active Member

Next time he blows up at you for being too slow, at least you'll know why.
  6. Boom_70

Based on the news from NYC this week I figured they were short staffed last Saturday due some of the workforce attending a bomb making session in Queens.
  7. patchs

patchs Active Member

I thought this thread was about seeing Larry David on the NYC subway.
  8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Would have been a lot less pointless that way.
  9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

It's a thread about nothing?
  10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

You should make the sandwich artist become your butler...
  11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Should we even be talking about this?
  12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I remember having dinner with a group of 6 or 8 at a TGI Friday's and I noticed that the waitress wasn't writing anything down. I pointed this out and she said, "that's OK, I'll remember it."

She had to come back two or three times to verify different people's orders.
Draft saved Draft deleted