1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My heart beats silly like a big bass drum ... Re-Poll '84

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Re: My heart beats silly like a big bass drum ... Re-Poll '84 (starts at 11:30 p

I'm not going to lie, my simple observation of the video for this song is this ... if Cyndi had shaved her pubic hair in a checkerboard pattern, she might have kept her beau.

Checkerboard hair? What the fuck? That blows.

6. Time After Time, Cyndi Lauper (No. 1 in '84, 367 points)

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Re: My heart beats silly like a big bass drum ... Re-Poll '84 (starts at 11:30 p.m.)

Love, love, love this song!

Don't you have to throw in a long distance dedication, or at least give out the old snail mail address...

:)

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Re: My heart beats silly like a big bass drum ... Re-Poll '84 (starts at 11:30 p.m.)

Pretty good analysis, but I'm having trouble with your implication that Spaghetti-Os are not in fact fine fucking cuisine. ;D

4. Bubbler

Re: My heart beats silly like a big bass drum ... Re-Poll '84 (starts at 11:30 p

It's amazing what influence videos had during this period.

This was out before Madonna became huge. It was one of the songs that greased the rails towards Like A Virgin, etc.

Because she's hanging out with a bunch of breakdancing Latinos in this video, I thought in '84 that maybe Madonna was Latino herself. She didn't look Latino, but with the vague Catholic-like name, I thought maybe she was.

Later I found out she wasn't. She just liked to fuck Latinos. And everything else that moved. Can I post the Deeper And Deeper video instead? Eh fuck it.

5. Borderline, Madonna (14th in '84, 368 points)

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well, that's what I've been wondering too. Ponderous.....fucking ponderous.

6. Bubbler

As I mentioned in another time and place, no one sent me any Long Distance Dedications, so my Short Distance Dedication to the voters is to fuck off! :D

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Just because you apparently didn't like the suggested dedication doesn't mean you don't fulfill the fucking request, Casey!! ;D

http://www.spike.com/video/casey-kasems-death/2675184

The infamous Snuggles tape.....animated!! And still NSFW!! :D

EDIT: Sadly, minus the "ponderous" comment. :(

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I really want to stay up for the top 5, but I cannot wait to see what the responses are to that.

Night, pinches [/anchorman]

9. Bubbler

I've got nothing against this song at all. Though the Mexican mask Phil Collins emerges from looks like one of those Choose Your Own Adventure parodies.

[​IMG]

4. Against All Odds, Phil Collins (9th in '84, 411 points)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Bubbler

I voted for this song, but you know what? Springsteen's legion of fans piss me off.

They're so cocksure about how great Bruce is. Like if anyone questions it, they're somehow an asshole, a dumb ass or both.

I like some of Bruce's songs, I don't like others. He's talented, I don't think he's the bees knees, though, and he's had plenty of missteps.

Like this video. What a crapburger. Stop dancing you idiot.

3. Dancing In The Dark, Bruce Springsteen (10th in '84, 445 points)

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy shit, it's got a shot!!!!

This was inevitably the point in the countdown when my Mom needed me for something. "Hold on Mom, only two more songs to go!!!"

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Only two songs to go.....and I jizz - in - my - pants. [/byh]

Draft saved Draft deleted