1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My grandmother is on facebook!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Dec 3, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If she does Metropolis, I'm totally sending her a connection request! :D

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of aunts and uncles, and my mom, on Facebook. I've explained to them all that I love them and all, but I'm not adding them. It feels like breaking the fourth wall or something. Plus my sense of humor doesn't really translate to the rest of the family (or anyone else I know, but it's too late to put the toothpaste back in the tube)

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I did the same thing ... unfortunately, my cousin, who is one of my best friends is on FB too. My aunt knew his password, so she and my mom would facebook stalk me anyway. So finally I just broke down and added her.

Wish I hadn't. God, she's embarrassing. :)

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Wait doesn't she live in Michigan? I wonder if we have any friends in common?

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I have my father as a friend on MySpace. I rarely go there anymore, though.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I signed up fairly recently and one of the first friend requests I had was from my mom. I did add her.

I was quite hesitant at first, but then, really, can you say no to your own mom?

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

The only family member I have ever worried about is my 70 year old ex-father-in-law. He sent me a request a month or so ago. I felt bad denying it, so I just ignored it. The request finally went away, thankfully.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think the majority of my facebook friends are family. It's a good way to keep in touch with them. But yes, it's also known as having a high loser ratio.

9. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

I'm on kids' friends lists. But I have stayed away from my son's girlfriend's account.

Can I Friend your grandma?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My parents (65 and 62) are on Facebook. I think I have about 340 friends and they account for two of the four who haven't put up photos.

Truth be told, neither should be let anywhere near a computer to do anything other than email.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Let's Superpoke SC's grandma!

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

i refuse to add any nieces, nephews or little cousins. I'll add any adult in my family, but they have to realize that I don't give a shit about their feelings whenit comes to what I write on there. It's my place to vent or be happy or sad. Sometimes I use strong language and I won't stop using it because they are friends.

Draft saved Draft deleted