1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My goodness, I have nice-smelling candles!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 8, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'll tell you, the candle business is a ripoff. $25 for some molded wax? We did that in kindergarten inside milk containers for free.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

So we have several scented candle fans.

ARE WE NOT MEN?

(We are not Devo...)

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

That's why I won't spend money at gift stores or that Illuminations place or whatever. I only buy the good ones that actually work well. They're usually made with essential oils and high-quality wax.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No candles here. But a plug-in deal in the wall of my room in the apartment and plenty of those standard deodorizers in about three other places.

My roommate isn't exactly neat and tidy, and before I installed this stuff, the place tended to smell too much of a blend of whatever had been in the microwave and a dirty laundry basket. Not disgusting - I had one of those roommates in college - but just not like a place I want to sleep, watch a good game, listen to music, read or whatever.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Bath and Body Works annual candle sale begins online TONIGHT. Three-wick candles for $9.95. Can’t beat it!

6. TheSportsPredictor

Guess what Friday is!

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

If you're looking for Candle Day, that's Dec. 2.

But Friday is Wear a Dress Day, so happy holiday to those of you who indulge.

wicked likes this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

I know nothing of dresses. Except that they don’t have pockets. Bath & Body Works.jpeg

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I work in a store where we sell scented candles every year and I'm sorry, that gondola stinks to high holy each time. It's all the scents rolled into one.

10. TheSportsPredictor

Wow, so many contributors to this thread have, uhhhh, flamed out.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Any day is Candle Day if they have a nice hazelnut aroma.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Never even noticed the double necromance on this post.

Draft saved Draft deleted